Sunday, April 11, 2010

Woolaroc Photo Trip!









Last Friday I left Kansas and headed to Oklahoma to attend a photography conference. The conference was at Woolaroc in Bartelsville Oklahoma! It was a really exciting conference and I had a blast shooting more landscape/animals, I don't get to do that often!

One of the highlights from the trip was going to the Mountain Man encampment. These men, women and children camp out as some of the first settlers to America would have. These people were AMAZING, it felt like I had walked back in time. Most of the "Mountain Men" had normal jobs but would camp when they could, others were planning on staying out there for the whole summer! It was so relaxing there! No cell phones, computers, TVs....just fresh air and nature all around you! I had a blast getting to meet these amazing people (more pictures to come in an upcoming post).

After a delicious lunch (that included buffalo meat), I attend several classes and had a chance to soak up some great photography advice from Jerry Poppenhouse (former-head photographer for Phillips). I met Jerry a month or so ago at a photography seminar, and he has critiqued my portfolio- it is just awesome to learn from him. Jerry has worked for National Geographic-traveled the world taking photos, and has photographed Walt Disney, and even was a photographer at Princess Diana's wedding....basically he is awesome, it was awesome!

After all the classes were done we (Student Association of Photographers) took some back roads and took landscape shots and walked with buffalo (yes they were that close)!!!

All in all- great trip I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment